The Center for Housing and Health is currently working on:
- Chicago and Cook County Housing for Health Strategic Plan, 2017-2019
The Chicago and Cook County 2017-2019 Housing for Health (H2) Strategic Plan clearly identifies its vision and mission with a very specific target population. The Plan calls for long-term stable housing with integrated and quality health care services for all homeless populations who are living with health challenges. Its strategic priorities are geared for those who experience homelessness, or have experienced it and are now housed. Read more.
- Funding and coordination services for the HUD/SHP Housing4Health Project (H4H) with 135 subsidized units
The coordinating of 135 permanent supportive housing units and outreach services for highly vulnerable single individuals and families recruited through the Chicago Central Referral System (CRS) and housed with six partner agencies.
Please click here to review the Standard Agency Privacy Practices Notice.
- Rapid Rehousing services with 15 bridge units
The coordination of 15 rapid rehousing bridge units with Heartland Health Outreach for at least 75 homeless individuals living in the streets or overnight shelters who are being permanently housed through CRS.
- City-wide Outreach Coordination Project with CRS
The coordination of 6 mobile street outreach teams for Department of Family and Support Services (DFSS) grantee organizations to connect homeless households to at least 125 permanent supportive housing units through the Central Referral System (CRS).
Please click here for the Outreach Services Coordination Report and Evaluation
- On May 2nd 2014 a very successful outreach conference was conducted. Please click on the follow links for documents related to the conference:
- Central Referral System Training Presentation
- SAMSHA Consortium Community Presentation
- Coordinated Outreach Presentation
- Conference Evaluation Report
- SCCC Strategic Plan Annual Report
- Disability Neutral Housing Project for 12 homeless veteran families
A Pilot Permanent Supportive Housing Project with the Chicago Housing Authority, Thresholds, and a TBD partner supportive housing agency with 12 units in a project-based building on the Southside.
- Health Coordination for PSH programs
The education and enrollment of at least 120 participants in the Medicaid SHP and H4H Programs into Care Coordination Entities (CCE) and Managed Care and ensure highest quality of health care.
- New Models for PSH Programming and Financing
With the changes in health care delivery under the Affordable Care Act (ACA), Center staff will establish at least two PSH models of housing and case management with the opportunity for service improvement and new funding sources through the ACA
- Rental Payment Program
Monthly rental payments to landlords to at least 200 landlords.